Signed in as:
- My Account
Signed in as:
Competitive Pairs are Laguna's offering to promote bowlers who would like to advance towards "more competitive" tournament bowling. Typically the way things progress is.
1. You join the club, bowl for a while, and have fun.
2. Those keen to compete a bit more, enter club tournaments where it is really a "socially competitive" exercise.
3. After a few of those, some bowlers want to progress to more competitive bowling in tournaments outside of Laguna Beach. These can be Open Tournaments at other clubs, open tournaments held at other divisions of Bowls USA, Southwest Division sponsored tournaments or tournaments sponsored by Bowls USA.
These Monday and Wednesday Competitive Pairs serve as a stepping stone for bowlers wishing to progress to a higher level of competition. Sign in for bowling for both Mondays and Wednesdays is promptly at 8:45am with bowling commencing at 9:00am.
So, being of a competitive nature, how do you go about joining Competitive Pairs on Mondays or Wednesdays?
First, you must meet one of the "entrance criteria" below. This is competitive bowling and thus a higher skill level.
Criteria to join:
If you meet any of the above criteria:
If you meet any of the above criteria, then you can request participation in the Competitive Pairs by sending an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com. The bowls organizers will then get back to you with all details necessary for you to join the matches.
Priority for invitation is provided to LBLBC members who qualify according to the above criteria. The organizer is authorized to invite bowlers of outside Bowls USA clubs who meet the above criteria to maintain a highly competitive program. Outside participants that are not members of LBLBC are to pay a $3.00 guest fee each week.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up and to be placed on the roster.
Email: email@example.com to sign up and to be placed on the roster.
It is expected that members and visitors of the club will at all times:
1. be friendly, courteous and respectful towards other members and visitors
2. respect teammates, opponents, officials and the rules of the game;
3. refrain from behavior that would bring the game or the club into disrepute;
4. refrain from behavior that could offend or embarrass others;
5. behave in non-violent and non-abusive ways;
6. treat the property and facilities of the club with respect;
Conduct is a matter of concern to all members – poor conduct has a negative impact, and can be harmful and destructive to a club. It is the responsibility of all members to ensure that their behavior is appropriate at all times. If a member is offensive or abusive, responding in the same manner will also be considered a breach of the Code of Conduct. The only reasonable and acceptable response is to not engage in a negative behavior.
It is acceptable to report a behavior concern/matter first to the bowls organizer who has sole authority at that moment in time to levy disciplinary action (such as asking you to leave). The matter will then be reported to the Board of Directors to be investigated under breaches of the Code of Conduct.
Laguna Beach Lawn Bowling Club
455 Cliff Dr, Laguna Beach, CA 92651